Grants Approved May 2013
- Arnold Center ($20,000) - funding for a cold-storage barn to reduce overcrowding of the Gladwin storage facility/manufacturing space and allow inventorying of raw materials.
- Great Lakes Bay Region Foundation ($5,000) - this grant will help fund a portion of the Fall In... Art and Sol celebration in October 2013. Funds from MACF will focus on exhibits, performances, workshops, classes and tours in the Midland Area. Click here for more info.
- Michigan Dental Assocation ($20,000) - funding for the Mission of Mercy free two day dental clinic on June 7th & 8th at Saginaw Valley State University. The clinic provided treatment to over 1,100 patients, many from the Midland area.
- Midland Kid's First ($18,586) - funding to help the Community School Model Parent gathering room at Eastlawn Elementary. The room will be a place for parents, teachers, administrators and outside agencies to collaborate.
- Midland Public Schools ($6,700) - grant dollars went toward the "Challenge Day" project for Jefferson and Northeast Middle schools. Challenge Day will be held on September 24th (Jefferson) and 25th (Northeast). The purpose is to rease awareness of bullying, help to prevent violence, and educate students on how to handle bullying situations.
- Ten Sixteen Recovery Network ($4,743) - funds to assist with the Ten Sixteen Network housing project. Two homes will be opened in Midland for occupants recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. Specifically, the grant will be used to purchase 21 new, five-drawer dressers to be used by occupants.
- Windover High School ($19,500) - funds from this grant will help with the purchase of a replacement water main at the new Windover High School building (old Chippewassee Elementary School).
Grants Approved February 2013
- Coleman Schools ($20,000) - funding for a regional high school agri-science program as well as a Future Farmers of America (FFA) chapter. Students from Midland, Gladwin and Clare counties will have access.
- Community Construct ($15,000) - to help provide residents in need with newly constructed ramps, doorways and porches to promote and provide a safe home access
- Meridian Youth Football ($10,000) - to benifit the Legacy Field Project of Meridian Youth Football (MYF)
- Midland Softball Association ($20,000) - to provide additional funding for construction of wood pavilion and paving the parking lot at the Redcoats Complex baseball/softball diamonds on Whitman Drive
Grants Approved November 2012
- Northwood University ($25,000) - funding for new entranceway project including flagpoles, foundations, and landscaping around flagpoles
- Delta College ($10,000) - funding for Health Professions Building upgrade
- Friends of Whispering Pines ($6,800) - funding for computers and equipment for use in classroom trailer
- Midland Amateur Sports ($10,000) - funding to bring the Sports Hall of Fame display to Dow Diamond (previously at Midland Civic Arena)
- Midland Radio Control Modelers Club ($5,350) - funding to purchase tractor and brush hog
- The R.O.C.K. ($20,000) - funding for the ACCELERATE program
- Beaverton Lions Club ($2,000) - additional funding for airtight entryway on Community Building in Beaverton
Grants Approved August 2012
- City of Midland ($13,000) - funding for signage for Center City corridor
- Grove Street Music Festival ($2,280) - Master Class instructor and concert for Midland High School and Middle School students
- Midland Parks and Recreation ($20,000) - funding for metal fencing to be used at community events
Grants Approved May 2012
- Associated Builders and Contractors ($20,000) - funding for Skilled Trades Exploring Program
- Camp Centaur ($3,000) - funding for fishing dock to expand camp for cancer patients and families
- Whispering Pines ($5,500) - funding for finishing work for the trailer purchased for Whispering Pines for outreach.
- Midland Explorers Boosters ($10,000) - funding for marketing for youth initiative component
- Southtown Little League ($20,000) - funding for updating and renovating field fencing and dugouts due to safety issues