Apply Beginning December 1, 2016
Click here to view a list of 2015 MACF scholarship award winners.
eGrant Registration link (applications accepted starting December 1, 2016 with a deadline of March 1, 2017)
The Midland Area Community Foundation Scholarship application process will open on December 1, 2016. All scholarships listed are tentative until that date. Users may register with eGrant but no applications will be accepted until December 1, 2016. Please call 989-839-9661 with any questions.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Review the guidelines to make sure you qualify.
- Search scholarships and select up to five you'd like to apply for. Make note of the scholarships you will apply for and any special essay requirements.
- Order official transcripts. Official Transcripts must come from the educational institution, not the applicant. These transcripts must be received at the Foundation (76 Ashman Circle, Midland, MI 48640) by March 1, 2017. NOTE: High school transcripts will be requested through eGrant as part of the application process. Most college/university transcripts must be requested and/or purchased by you directly, please have them sent to the foundation at 76 Ashman Circle, Midland, MI 48640 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Transcripts delivered by the applicant or a family member will NOT be accepted).
- Select two references and ask them for their email address, you will send them a request and link to upload the reference to your application through eGrant. (References must come directly from this person, they will not be accepted from the applicant.)
- Write essays for selected scholarships (up to 400 words) - save on your computer.
- Enter eGrant to apply*. You will be asked to create an account and will step through the application process. You will be asked to copy and paste your essays into the application.
*Please note, if you are a registered egrant user from prior years, you do NOT need to create an account - simply use your previous username and password.
The following materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on March 1, 2017:
- 2 Reference Forms
- Official Transcripts
- Electronic eGrant application
PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT be able to submit your application until your reference forms and transcripts have been received.