Scholarship Applications Available February 1 - March 1
Some may be surprised to learn that we hold over 175 (and growing) different scholarship funds. These scholarships primarily go to students from Midland county, so applicants are not competing on a national level.
Last year, over $300,000 was awarded in total. That's over 150 students and adults in our community who received financial assistance from a local & meaningful scholarship fund. At our annual scholarship banquet, students get a chance to sit down with a representative from the scholarship they earned and learn about why the fund was created. It's an exciting opportunity for young men and women to learn about giving back to their community.
Whether you're a high school senior, current college student or an adult looking to earn a degree, it's worth your time to apply for a MACF scholarship. Here's what you need to know:
1. You must be a resident of Midland or Gladwin County to apply (with the exception of a small number of company scholarships)
2. You can apply for up to five (and be awarded up to two) - so take your time and choose the scholarships that you feel most represent your goals & interests
3. You will be required to write an essay of 400 words or less, provide two references, send a transcript, and submit all information online
4. Follow the instructions carefully!
5. If you do not have Internet access at home, you can check with your school or local library, or call our staff for help
Head to our scholarship page for full instructions, including a link to the eGrant online submission service. It's a good idea to get started well before the deadline to make sure you have everything in on time. For more information, contact our scholarship coordinator at 989.839.9661 or send us an email at email@example.com.