Virginia A. (Nicholson) Dent Endowed Fund #243
To provide scholarships and/or camperships to able and deserving violin students for continuing study of the instrument.
From the fundholder:
Virginia Nicholson came to Midland in 1946 to join the music department of the Dow Chemical Company. She came from Minneapolis for the purpose of starting a string program, performing, and teaching the violin. Recognizing the contributions of her own teachers, this fund was created to help accomplished violin students continue their advanced violin studies.