Midland Area Santa House announces 2021 operationsNovember 12th, 2021
This year, the Midland Area Santa House will be opening on November 27, 2021, kicking off the season with a return of Santa’s arrival and the Santa House Lighting.
The Midland Area Santa House, located at the corner of M-20 and Main Street, is an iconic landmark in Midland. The present house was built in 1987, with assistance from the Midland Area Community Foundation and generous donors. Annual operations are made possible by the donation of time from volunteers and by endowed funds held at Midland Area Community Foundation that support the operation of the house.
“The Midland Area Santa House is an inclusive place where any child can meet with Santa free of charge,” said Sharon Mortensen, President and CEO of the Midland Area Community Foundation. “We’re excited to bring back the Courthouse and Santa House Lighting as we welcome Santa for the season. In addition, due to community feedback, we will be offering the ability for families to make reservations on Tuesdays or Thursdays for a visit with Santa. All other days will be exclusively walk-up to accommodate as many families as possible.”
Here are the operational details for the 2021 season, per the recommendation of the Midland County Health Department:
- The Santa House will be open daily from November 27 – December 23.
- Santa will begin his trek over the Tridge at 6 PM on November 27. The Courthouse and Santa House Lighting will follow.
- The Santa House will be exclusively walk-in on all days other than Tuesday or Thursday.
- Appointments to see Santa on Tuesdays and Thursdays will be released at 10 AM on Mondays for Santa House visits taking place the following week (example: if you would like a reservation to see Santa on November 30, you will be able to reserve your spot on November 22).
- Masks are recommended for all Santa House visitors, except for children under the age of two.
- All Santa House volunteers are required to wear a mask.
- Limited numbers of Santa House visitors will be allowed in at one time.
- A protective barrier will remain between Santa House visitors and Santa.
- Children will not be permitted to sit on Santa’s lap.
- The Santa House will be disinfected thoroughly between visits.
- The Northern Star Train will be operational throughout the Santa House season, except for December 2-3.
- Masks are required on the Northern Star Train.
- A full schedule of dates and times can be found at MidlandFoundation.org/SantaHouse.
Volunteers are currently being called upon to facilitate visits with Santa and rides on the Northern Star Train by stepping into the role of, “elf.” Volunteers who would like to help assist with Santa excursions will be surrounded by all the wonders of the Santa House for three-hour timeslots. Volunteers who’d like to help with the Northern Star Train assist with organizing rides through beautifully decorated Downtown Midland.
Those seeking to volunteer and help offer the Santa House experience can visit midlandfoundation.org/santahouse or call 989-839-9661 to sign up for a time slot. The registration link for Santa House visits will also be located at midlandfoundation.org/santahouse. Additional information can be found on the Santa House Facebook page at facebook.com/midlandsantahouse.
The Midland Area Community Foundation is following CDC guidelines and actively consulting with the County of Midland Health Department. All Santa House visits are subject to change based on current local, state, and national guidance. The health and safety of Santa, visitors, and volunteers are a top priority for Midland Area Community Foundation.
For questions related to the Santa House or anything else Community Foundation related, contact the Community Foundation directly at 989-839-9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.