Construction Talent Attraction Program
The Construction Talent Attraction Program is specifically designed to attract and retain individuals who have completed postsecondary education and plan to work for construction businesses in Midland County with a physical address. The program addresses the decreasing employment trend in the construction industry within Midland County compared to the state of Michigan.
To apply, please click here.
Awards range from $5,000-$20,000. Applications must be submitted by February 15, and awards will be announced by March 30.
Key features of the program include:
- Loan Repayment: The program offers a unique form of support by providing loan repayment, often called a post-graduation or “reverse” scholarship, to individuals choosing to work in the construction industry in Midland County.
- Talent Attraction: Recognizing the community’s critical needs, talent attraction programs like this are vital in bringing skilled individuals to Midland County.
- Educational Partnership: Unlike traditional scholarships that provide assistance in completing postsecondary education, this program collaborates with individuals who have completed their education and, in addition, helps to meet the needs of the local construction industry.
- Awards: Range from $5,000-$20,000.
- Deadlines: Applications must be submitted by February 15, and awards will be announced by March 30.
To qualify for the Construction Talent Attraction Program, recipients must:
- Be employed or self-employed in a construction-related business with a physical office in Midland County.
- Reside in Midland, Gladwin, or Clare Counties (all served by Midland Area Community Foundation).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree, or certification in a building-related trade or skill from a college or community college.
We recognize that strategically focusing on the construction industry to alleviate potential challenges and contribute to the region’s overall growth moves Midland County toward becoming a community where everyone thrives. By investing in this talent attraction program, our partners aim to bridge the gap between education and employment, supporting the community and the local construction sector.
For more information about the Construction Talent Attraction Program and other initiatives supported by the Midland Community Foundation, please call 989-839-9661 or email email@example.com.