Midland County Career and College Access Network (CCAN)
What is Midland County CCAN?
Midland County needs a strong workforce equipped to compete in a 21st century global economy. In order to build and sustain a vibrant economy and strong community based on a highly educated population, Midland County Career and College Access Network works to ensure everyone in Midland County has the opportunity to access and succeed in postsecondary education.
The long-term goal of Midland County CCAN is to raise our community’s postsecondary completion rate from 42% to over 60% by 2025.
Midland County CCAN will:
- Ensure access to comprehensive services aimed at assisting all students, but especially first generation and low-income students, to complete postsecondary education
- Build a culture that encourages completion of career preparation or college education
- Increase success of traditional and nontraditional students through lowering barriers
All Midland County students will:
- Be academically, socially and financially prepared for postsecondary study by the end of high school
- Enroll in college/postsecondary education within six months of high school graduation or GED completion
- Complete a college or postsecondary credential within six years of high school graduation or GED completion